• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Please help me solve error message

sampath

Hello,

I have use macro 3 macro's in excel sheet. after run two macros, i need to replace some data in that sheet, when use this replace command, got some error.

upload_2015-1-29_11-21-7.png

Please solve this issues .

Regards,
Sampath.S

Hi Sampath,

How did you insert your text in "Find what:"
Manually entered or copy / paste ?

I think first you should copy from your Column P cell, and then paste in Find & Replace; Replace All.
Make sure to not run this on selected area.

Regards,

Hi Sampath ,

This is not an error message ; this is a display alert message , since what you are being informed about is that there is no data meeting the criteria you have set.

Since it is clear that the sought for data does exist on the sheet , there is a mixup as far as the actual character is concerned.

The degree symbol , which resembles a superscript o , can have different Unicode values , some of which are :

00B0 , 00BA , 02DA , 030A , 05AF , 2070

Of course , it can also be a superscripted o !

You need to first verify what it is ; to do this , place the cursor in the cell containing this character , select only that character , and copy it to an unused cell. Suppose this cell now containing the character is AA1 ; in another unused cell , say AA2 , put in the formula =CODE(AA1) , and see what is displayed in AA2.

A superscripted o will show 111 if it is a lower-case o which has been superscripted ; other characters will show 176 , 186 for the characters with Unicode values 00B0 and 00BA.

Where the Unicode value is more than 00FF , the CODE function will return the value 63 , whatever be the hex value.

Thus , the correct way to find such characters in VBA is to copy the character into your code , or use the ChrW function to assign the character to a variable , as in :

charvar = ChrW(&H02DA)

and then look for this variable using the Find method.

Narayan

Back