• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Plot chart with unique values

webmax

Hi

Kindly find the attached excel i have a different levels and values.

The Level is
5L
4H
6M

While putting the chart it is showing 5L four Times, 4H two times ,6M two timesTimes that need to come in a single in X Axis with plotting the values.

Need the guidance.

Regards
Shahul

Attachments

• chart question.xlsx
    11.2 KB · Views: 4
so, a chart that looks like this?
upload_2015-10-8_10-13-17.png

The attached file has 2 series. 2nd series is actually a line plotted along y=0, with data labels. The data labels are displaying the 5L, 4H, and 6M. The real x-axis is not showing any labels.

Attachments

• chart question LM.xlsx
    11.2 KB · Views: 4
Hi

I want chart like plotted dots.

Can you explain how you have taken the X axis in the single column.

first, I created the lookup table to convert your labels into a value of 1,2 or 3. Then, created formulas in col G to say what the X-value should be.
Right-click on chart, select data, modified the current series to use the new calculated values for the X-values, rather than the labels.

upload_2015-10-8_13-41-17.png

Then, still in the Select Data dialogue, added a new series. X-values are the numbers in Col K of the lookup table we build. Y-values can be anywhere where cell values are 0.

Format original x-axis to have no labels, major unit is 1. Format new series to show data labels below. format the series to have no line, no marker. With the data labels, select each one individually and link to correct cell
upload_2015-10-8_13-40-59.png

Attachments

• chart question LM2.xlsx
    11.1 KB · Views: 2
Hi

I tried to put the chart but it is not working kindly help

Attachments

• chart question.xlsx
    14.6 KB · Views: 1
Hi

Thanks for your efforts but i still stuck with the steps can u provide step step in screen shot.

Thanks
Shahu

Back