• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Power Pivot help on creating calculated columns

Hello Dears,

I am a noob toward data modeling and power pivot features. Could you help me solving my quiries. Attached file has my questions and expected answers. please do let me know how to solve it.

Attachments

• PowerPivot.xlsx
    343.2 KB · Views: 7
Hello Dears,

I am a noob toward data modeling and power pivot features. Could you help me solving my quiries. Attached file has my questions and expected answers. please do let me know how to solve it.
Hi Pavan,

Attached sheet does list out information as required. Please note, in order to create relationship amongst data set you always have to data which are many to one kind of relationship. When I saw many I mean the data set which are transactional and one which is unique then you can create relationships (pretty much like in Access)

In the attached sheet I have created 3 new data set for the one type data set (unique values) which are customer data, Product data and PO#. Then load them as data model and then plot the pivot.

To your question on to include calculated column not sure what is the desired output you want to have based on which we can have either a measure or a calculated column.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
A!

Attachments

• PowerPivot.xlsx
    575.3 KB · Views: 4
Hi Pavan,

Attached sheet does list out information as required. Please note, in order to create relationship amongst data set you always have to data which are many to one kind of relationship. When I saw many I mean the data set which are transactional and one which is unique then you can create relationships (pretty much like in Access)

In the attached sheet I have created 3 new data set for the one type data set (unique values) which are customer data, Product data and PO#. Then load them as data model and then plot the pivot.

To your question on to include calculated column not sure what is the desired output you want to have based on which we can have either a measure or a calculated column.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
A!
I got your view point and thanks for the crisp instruction on the data modeling relationships.

My end result / output is that I have to arrive at Fill rate, No of Orders , No of Invoices, Order to invoice Days, Invoice to delivery days ( refer to G3:M3 Cells in my source file ) for each PO of customer. Desired / Expected output from the calculated field have been mentioned in my source file (Range:G4:K5).

I also got to know that to use power pivot we need MS excel 2013 pro plus or enterprise SKU something something.. I am using standard edition of ms office 2013. so please do help...

I also got to know that to use power pivot we need MS excel 2013 pro plus or enterprise SKU something something.. I am using standard edition of ms office 2013. so please do help...
Hi Pavan,
Just have it enabled from File > options > add-ins > com Addins > Check on PowerPivot that should have it enabled for you.
Kind regards,
Anand

Back