• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Power Pivot question

Bjorn

Hello all,

I have a problem where I do not get any values for a measure I wrote. I made a small sample file where in the fact file I have date, TS, branch, value. The lookup file has only two columns, TS and TS_group. I then relate the two tables via the TS field.

I have no problems in creating a measure for total value (what is called "subscription" in the file). But when I want to create a measure for TS_group 1 (called "equipment) I get no values, although there is no error in the formula (according to the DAX formula editor).

I use Excel 2013.

I would be most grateful for any help

Attachments

• TS_group.xlsx
    177.5 KB · Views: 2
Hello Herbert,

thank you for your reply, you are obviously quite correct. When I made the example I was in a hurry, I made the error of writing 13 in the measure and got no values. Which confirmed the results I had with the real data and I posted the incorrect file. Sorry for any confusion.

When I realized that it worked with the test data I went back to the real data and found that the difference is that in the real data the relevant field is a text field (and I used " 4 " in the measure) whereas in my test file I had a number field. I went back to the real data, changed the field to a number field, edited the measure and it worked!

Or in other words, this query works: (with TS_Group as a numeric field)

=calculate (
[Subscription] ;
DimTS[TS_Group] = 4
)

This one does not: (with TS_Group as a text field)

=calculate (
[Subscription] ;
DimTS[TS_Group] = " 4 "
)

If anyone has any clue to why this is I would be most interested.

Back