1. Welcome to Chandoo.org Forums. Short message for you

Hi Guest,

Thanks for joining Chandoo.org forums. We are here to make you awesome in Excel. Before you post your first question, please read this short introduction guide. When posting or responding to questions please remember our values at Chandoo.org are: Humility, Passion, Fun, Awesomeness, Simplicity, Sharing Remember that we have people here for whom English is not there first language and we need to allow for this in our dealings.

Yours,
    Chandoo
  2. Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

3. When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Power Query connection issues to . XLSB file

Discussion in 'Power Pivot, Power Map etc' started by Dokat, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Dokat

Dokat Member

Hi,

I am trying to run a pivot table using power query. My source data is in another workbook in .xlsb format. When i choose external connections in power pivot and link the data i receive below error message. Has anyone come across similar issue and solve for it?

upload_2017-1-1_17-42-2.png
  2. Hui

Hui Excel Ninja Staff Member

Have you tried converting the file to an Excel *.xlsm file type and linking to that file?

Is the file in a location that is trusted by Excel?
  3. Dokat

Dokat Member

When i convert it to .xlsm file size increase exponentially. File is 185 mb and it reduces to 76 mb when i convert to .xlsb

Yes file location is trusted by Excel.

Thanks
  4. Hui

Hui Excel Ninja Staff Member

Don't worry about 176 MB
    Does it load ?
  5. Dokat

Dokat Member

Yes it does load. Thanks