• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

PowerBI Keeps Crashing

Nikesh Valji

Hi everyone,

Just recently bought a new computer with 16gb RAM and 500gb SSD.

I also managed to purchase Office 2013 pro plus (32-bit version). I use PowerBI so I added the necessary COM add-ins such as PowerView, PowerPivot and PowerQuery.

However I am now finding that Excel seems to crash virtually every 5 minutes! Every time I add a few (very simple) tables to the data model and launch PowerView, Excel becomes painfully slow and keeps crashing! This is becoming highly annoying and I am not sure what to do to resolve.

I have already been to the MS website to download bug-fixes however to no avail!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,
Nikesh

You may want to check that the Power X? components are 32 bit compatible
If it is a New PC, I would have recommended installing Excel 64 Bit especially if using the Power X series of tools

Hi Hui,

I managed to uninstall the 32-bit and re-installed the 64-bit version and it seemed to work fine.

Thanks so much!

Nikesh

I had this happen to me when I was running Office from a vbox. For whatever reason, it just "went away" one day and now everything is fine:)

Back