• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

proceeding with color

Lawrence429

Hi all --

I am trying to develop a chart to follow process on various projects. I would like to put a % complete in column K and have columns A - J either red for % incomplete or green for % completed. So if the project is 75% complete, the first 7 columns would be green and the remaining 3 would be red, if only 10% is complete, column A would be green and the rest red. See the attached example (without any coding).

thanks for your help
Lawrence

PS I am not that good with VBA so if we could stick with formulas that would be great, if VBA is necessary please be detailed.

Attachments

• 999 color growth.xlsx
    8 KB · Views: 7
Hi and welcome to the forum :)

Something like this perhaps (attached)
EDIT: had to re-upload the file

Attachments

• 999 color growth.xlsx
    9.6 KB · Views: 15
Another option without helper,

1] Fill A2:J4 cells background color with "red"

2] In A2 >> Conditional Formatting >> Use a formula >> formula :

=COLUMNS($A1:A1)*10<=FLOOR($K2,10)

>> Format >> choose cell background color "green" >> OK

Copy across to J2 and all copy down.

upload_2017-6-1_23-16-50.png

Regards
Bosco

Attachments

• 999 color growth(1).xlsx
    27.8 KB · Views: 5
Thank you PCosta87 and Bosco_Yip:)

PCosta87, could you please explain the the equation. J$1 is empty so I don't understand how that changes color of the cell.

Thank you PCosta87 and Bosco_Yip:)

PCosta87, could you please explain the the equation. J$1 is empty so I don't understand how that changes color of the cell.
Hi,

It is not empty... the 1st row has values from 10-100 (it serves as a helper row which you can avoid completely by going with @bosco_yip's solution).
The text is painted white so it seems empty but if you select J1 you will notice that, in the formula bar up top, the value is in fact 100.

Back