• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Protect excel from formatting while coping and pasting

babaso_tawase

In protected excel , in unprotected cells user should enter value by manually or copy and paste, but while coping from another source and pasting in unprotected cell, format changes as that of source data, even though formatting option not selected while protecting sheet....formatting should be not change....

Please do not cross post' if you do do as the rules say
Never title your posts as "Urgent", "Priority" "Immediate". It may be Important to you, but not for rest of the members here. These words will be moderated out.

• Cross-Posting. Generally, it is considered poor practice to cross post. That is to post the same question on several forums in the hope of getting a response quicker.
  • If you do cross-post, please put that in your post.
  • Also if you have cross-posted and get an answer elsewhere, have the courtesy of posting the answer here so other readers can learn from the answer also, as well as stopping people wasting their time on your answered question.

Cross posted here

http://www.msofficeforums.com/excel/34489-protect-excel-formatting-while-coping-pasting.html

Please do not cross post' if you do do as the rules say
Never title your posts as "Urgent", "Priority" "Immediate". It may be Important to you, but not for rest of the members here. These words will be moderated out.
  • Cross-Posting. Generally, it is considered poor practice to cross post. That is to post the same question on several forums in the hope of getting a response quicker.
  • If you do cross-post, please put that in your post.
  • Also if you have cross-posted and get an answer elsewhere, have the courtesy of posting the answer here so other readers can learn from the answer also, as well as stopping people wasting their time on your answered question.

Cross posted here

http://www.msofficeforums.com/excel/34489-protect-excel-formatting-while-coping-pasting.html

Respected Sir,
Sorry for that , actually first in Mrexcel forum I asked this question but I didn't got satisfactory answer.So I decided post in this forum and Msoffice forum.But my mistake is at a time posted question on both forum.Hereafter I will take care of giving link or reference. Links for this question as

1)https://www.mrexcel.com/forum/excel...ct-excel-formatting-while-coping-pasting.html

2)http://www.msofficeforums.com/excel/34489-protect-excel-formatting-while-coping-pasting.html

Thanks for suggestion...

Last edited:
... and before You would do as in Tip:
Upload a Sample File to get a 'quicker' response
You would write something about: but I didn't got satisfactory answer.
... or why You don't 'automatic copy' Your master formats back to cells after those ... has done as they has done.
... or have You tried to give instructions that PASTE ONLY VALUES?
... then there would be much less challenges!

... and before You would do as in Tip:
Upload a Sample File to get a 'quicker' response
You would write something about: but I didn't got satisfactory answer.
... or why You don't 'automatic copy' Your master formats back to cells after those ... has done as they has done.
... or have You tried to give instructions that PASTE ONLY VALUES?
... then there would be much less challenges!

Thanks For Reply,
All are good suggestions. One user uses master excel by saving as with new file, another user uses that file or master file for calculation by saving as new file.I already given instructions that use "Paste only value", but what happens users are around 100, any one not followed rule format changes and that continues... That's why I am trying any possible solution.

Last edited:
1) If every user have to use own ID then use that file then
... just don't let those use! Block Out! ... of course not nice if boss.
2) as I wrote: why You don't 'automatic copy' Your master formats back to cells after those ... has done as they has done. ... of course, this makes slower to use ... but as they want to do it harder way.
3) or even, if 'mistakes' then undo users paste ... of course, this makes next challenge ... but if soft won't work then ... do it more harder way.

Back