• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

RE;Formula hide

Sreejith

Hey guys
I am working on a excel file where I am trying to hide formulas. Now I have tried using the review tab and locking cells and hiding contents etc.. I am able to hide the formula but still i get error, false ,, etc,, so that's not what I am after,.
what i would like to do is

Say we have columns

a b c d
1 2 3 answer

and I want to add a+b+c

in the above columns "d" I dont want excel to display any of content or "N/A" or "error" until my conditions are satisfied.. Im sure this is possible but not able to get my head around with it.. any help much appreciated.
Regards
Sree

Hi Sree

To avoid errors in Column D, put these formula in D2 or wherever you need as =IF(ISERROR(SUM(A2:C2)),"",SUM(A2:C2))

If you want to lock column, first you need to select entire sheet and right click format cell, click Protection and uncheck Locked Checkbox.

Once done, select column D and right click format cell, click protection and check Locked checkbox.

Now protect sheet with password, when entering password, uncheck Select Locked cell and enter password

Let me know if this helps

Cheers

Back