• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Reformating a table for creating a pivot table

Iris Stein

I have a dashboard that I created using dates and salespersons in the columns. I would like to create a pivot table with slicers with the names of the salespeople but have not been successful. What would be the best way to implement the change so that I could have a sales people slicer with their names. I have attached a sample file.

Thanks in advance,

Iris

Attachments

• question.xlsx
    11.8 KB · Views: 6
Hi Iris,
There could be other ways to accomplish this. But i think unpivoting the table may help.

You can follow below steps.

1. Unpivot the table
2. Create a pivot table
3. Add slicer with salesperson name

Here are snapshots. Also attached file with slicer.
Step 1: Unpivot the table-

1.png

Select the table (Select "My table has headers")
Follow below in query editor-

3.png

Can't upload more images :(

After loading the table you can create simple pivot table and add a slicers.

See attached file for reference.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
AJ

Attachments

• question.xlsx
    121.9 KB · Views: 5
I think I did not explain myself clearly. The problem is that the pivot table and my original table are identical. I would like to have a column of salespeople with slicers and their names but each salesperson appears in a different column. Is there a way to "tell excel" to add a column entitled sales people and have the sums for each salesperson listed for each day.

Hi Iris, could you please post the snapshot/draft of the output you want. would be easier to help accordingly.

Back