• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Repeat Rows at Top Dynamically

Simon Patenaude

Hey all,

I have a sheet to record all the network switches we have in our facility. This sheet is 5 columns wide.

Columns "$A$1:$E$1":
Device|Port|IP Address|Password|Device Location

I have set this row as "rows to repeat at top" under page setup. That was the easy part.

Row A2:E2, A50:E50, A66:E66 (and others) contains:
Switch name|location|IP range|gateway.
Also note that i did not use $ as these rows may change as i enter or delete data from the spreadsheet.

As I scroll I want A1:E1 to always remain on top, however I want A2:E2, A50:E50 and A66:E66 to display under the top row when looking at the relevant information.

I have looked all over for this feature, however i can't find exactly what i'm looking for. Perhaps I'm not asking the right questions.

Can this be done with multiple print areas? can i do this with pivot tables? I want this to be as simple as possible since multiple people will be using this sheet.

Thank you,

Simon

Hi Simon ,

I am not sure I have understood you , but there are two ways you can do this :

1. If your data is a simple range , then you can use the Freeze Panes or Freeze Top Row feature , which is available under the View tab.

2. If you can convert your data range to an Excel feature called Table , which is available under the Insert tab , then Excel ensures that the table header will always be available as you scroll downwards.

Narayan

Hi Narayan,

Thank you for you quick response.

I have put together a quick example workbook to show what i am trying to accomplish. The top row is frozen. I want row 2 to remain frozen until i scroll past row 50. I would like row 50 to remain frozen until i scroll pas row 66.

All rows highlighted in red i'm hoping to will "temporarily freeze" until i scroll past the next red row.

Simon

Attachments

• Book1.xlsx
    15.9 KB · Views: 5
Back