• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Repeat same chart for different regions without making multiple copies

Vivek D

If I need to repeat the same chart multiple times for different regions or say different sub-organizations or any other dimension... is copy pasting the chart multiple times the only option or is there any other trick to just get excel to repeat it based on a chosen dimension.

Charts.png

Ideally would love to have it dynamic so say for a certain year one of the dimensions has no data then the chart will not be shown. Kind of like a pivot table but for Charts.

Note: I do want to show the chart multiple times so slicers or pivot chart filters are not an option.

I guess I'll have to go with the repeat option. Just got used to some features in a other BI Reporting Tools that allow sectioning/repeating report elements based on a certain dimension. Was just hoping against hope that Excel would have something similar too :).

Now, you could create the chart and format the way you want it, then copy that chart, so you don't have to keep re-formatting, if that's what you mean.

Yes. That's what I'll end up doing but I wanted to see if there was a more dynamic way. Example, say each Business Unit has several sub-units. Some may have 3, some may have 5, some may have 7 and so on. I would ideally like to show say 3 charts in a single row and the number of rows increases based on number of sub-orgs.

Back