• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Repeat vlookupping from week to week...

MMCNYC

I'm looking to achieve the following:
I have a spreadsheet with a list of Hostnames in Column A. In Column B I have the Date that they made it into the report, and this file is saved as week1.xlsx.
Now, next week...I would like to have a new file, week2.xlsx that can do a vlookup into week 1 and return the list of matching Hostnames (List of hostnames might change from week to week). If found, the vlookup should pull the date from the previous file (Column B). Then any #N/A's would therefore identify a new hostname that wasnt in previous week1.xlsx. Would then like to be able to create week3.xlsx and be able to vlookup back into week2.xlsx. Week4 back into Week3 etc. etc.
So the real goal is the vlookup to return the date from the previous file.

Can we have the sample files with desired input/output & You might looking for VBA approach.

Can we have the sample files with desired input/output & You might looking for VBA approach.
---My real data has about 5000 hostnames....trimmed it down to give the idea. THANKS Deepak.

Attachments

• Week1.xlsx
    8.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Week2.xlsx
    8.4 KB · Views: 0
Back