• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Repeating a particular word / string row wise N Number of times equal to its length

VDS

Dear All,

In cell A2 I have typed a word named "DATA" and rotated the last character "T" 4 times row wise with formula. (Seel Column 2) see as per attachment. (A3 : A6).
For Eg if it is "CHANDOO", in B2, it should be repeated only 7 times from B3 to B9 by meeting two conditions

1) Repeat the last character of word by interchanging its position from first to last, equal to length of its word- row wise (may be any character) -
2) Repeat the particular word to number of times equal to its length. In other words, cell from B9 onwards should be empty.
Point No.1 has been met with formula. Even Point 2 also met partially, but unable to specify limit (character length = number of rows)
I want to synchronize this logic in such a way that whatever word / string typed in any cell and apply macro/function it should be repeated rowwise & lengthwise equal to its length (by interchanging the last character). How this can be done either through modified formula or Macro ?

VDS

Attachments

• bb.111.xlsx
    15.1 KB · Views: 9
Hi

I assigne shortcut ctrl+shift+L .
You need to be in cell from which you want to manipulate string but not in edit mode.

Attachments

• bb.111.xlsm
    20.8 KB · Views: 9
Dear All,

Thanks for your patience.

I have done the formula myself.
If data is in A2, press the followign formula in A3

=IFERROR(RIGHT($A$2,ROW(A1))&LEFT($A$2,LEN($A$2)-ROW(A1)),"")

May be helpful to all of you.

VDS

Back