• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Return value of single cell with multiple lookups

Grant L

Hi,

I'm looking for help with replicating a cell value from a few different types of required values. I have searched for this on Google and found little help. With my Intermediate skills, I can sort of think it out, but am having difficulty in putting it together as a single formula. As I have little to no knowledge of VBA, it would need to be a formula. I think it can be done, but just not sure...

What I need to do is match both column A in the Raw data tab to the value in the Check data tab (=MATCH('Check Data'!A2,'Raw Data'!A:A,0) AND to match just a single word in column B (not sure of the true/false formula to use for this one). The output of the met conditions needs to be the value in column C (transpose)

I just can't wrap my head around how to join each of the formulas up....

Thanks in Advance for any assistance.

Attachments

• Excel Problem.xlsx
    8.6 KB · Views: 0
Hi:

Is this what you are looking for.

Thanks

Attachments

• Excel Problem.xlsx
    9.3 KB · Views: 0
Hi Nebu,

Thanks for your answer, it's leading me to the outcome, but it's not quite there...

Whilst the vaues are static here, I actually need to search for keywords within cells - as an example, in "Lifecycle Controller" I only want to search for "Lifecycle", as the results I will have will have varying values in the same sentence/cell.

Hi;

Find the attached. I have included a helper column in the main sheet to get the results, the helper column basically search for the key words (in this case the column headers for your check sheet)and will assign these key words to the main sheet to pull the right data.

Thanks

Attachments

• Excel Problem.xlsx
    9.5 KB · Views: 0
Thanks, but again, the raw data that will be used is extenive, and to have to add this information, I may as well auto-filter it.

Thanks for your efforts, you have given me some other avenues to try in anycase.

Back