• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Rotating a special character within a word (Row Wise and Column Wise)- Macro required

VDS

Dear All,
I have generated a formula by rotating special character as per attachment.
In Cell A2, I have typed a word and stretch it downwards till (number of rows = equal to its length) from A3 to A16
In C1 I have inserted a special character and linked with A3 to A16 for rotating it from left to right.
Similarly from B3 to B16 special character from right to left.
Likewise, from B20 to J21, special character has been rotated (Column Wise).
However, whenever any formatting is done on the special character, like strikethrough, superscript, subsrcript, etc, font size, etc it will appear as a plain text only from A3 to B16 and B20 to J21. I also tried insert symbol but not accurate.
Is it possible to rotate the special character after specified formatting within the range ? Here, there are 4 different functions. (2 each in row wise and column wise). I do hope this may be possible through macro.
Any ideas /suggestions appreciated.
VDS

Attachments

• bb.111.xlsx
    17.2 KB · Views: 7

Each time the string is modified, the format of special character
must be done again as you manually do within the cell.

Could be easy if the format is always the same within an unique function …

Oups ! :confused:

A personal function can just return a result
but can't modify any cell property …
So, without cell formating, in your case this function just needs
a couple of codelines whatever the axis (horizontal or vertical)
and the way (left to right or reverse) …

A procedure with cell formating takes a dozen of codelines,
depends on the formating …

So if you want to call a procedure like a function within a cell,
a mix with a worksheet event (Change) could operate …​

Last edited:
@ Dear Marc,

Thanks for your feedback.

I not an expert in Macro like declarations and call procedures, etc and may take so much time to learn it. It is only my small doubts. Here I have very simple requirements.

Here, forget about the formatting. Just rotate the special character as entered in any of the cell from starting till end of a word. Equal to number of characters of word. This is infact already done with the formula. This has to be converted to macro. 4 different macros I.e the axis (horizontal or vertical 2 nos) or way (right to left /reverse 2 nos). This is more than enough and will suffice my requirements.

Thanks again in anticipation

VDS

I already have a procedure executing all the 4 requirements …

How would you call it ? From a cell formula, a button, another procedure ?

Back