• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Schedule maximum meetings Based on available hours

First of all thankyou everyone for all your very kind help through the website.
I am stuck with a problem though and I don’t know How to solve it, would be a great help if you can.

So here it goes. I Schedule meetings for a many of the managers based on the available time and due meetings for them on weekly basis.
Case 1 (For a Single Manager only).

Suppose on a day I am having 10 hours available with me. I have 5 meeting due with me. This will take their respective time. Meeting #1 – 5 Hrs, Meeting #2 – 3 Hrs, Meeting #3 – 3 Hrs, Meeting #4 – 3 Hrs, Meeting #5 – 2 Hours.
So For utilizing My full 10 hours I should choose Meeting#1, Meeting #2 and Meeting#5 =5+3+2 (10hrs). Is there any way to Highlight the scheduled meetings or sort them?

Case 2 (For a Single Manager only – Based on intervals)
Divide My 10 hours of timing in 2 halves (1st & 2nd) of 5 hours each. Lest say In Interval 1 out of my 5 hours I have only 4 hours free for meetings.
Due meetings are Meeting #1 – 2 hrs, Meeting #2 – 3 hrs, Meeting #3 – 0.5 hrs. So I should be doing Meeting#2 and Meeting#3, total 3.5 max hrs to utilize my timing at best.
Case 2.1 If I have 3 meetings Meeting #1 – 2 hrs, Meeting #2 – 3 hrs, Meeting #3 – 1 hrs and have 3 Hours free time.

How do I make it choose Meeting#1 and Meeting#3 Instead Of just meeting#2. Guess I will do It just Manually.

I hope My question makes sense :) Thankyou for your kind attention.

Last edited by a moderator:
rubikscube991

Have you tried building a model and using solver??

Case 1 Suppose on a day ..... So For utilizing My full 10 hours I should choose Meeting#1, Meeting #2 and Meeting#5 =5+3+2 (10hrs). Is there any way to Highlight the scheduled meetings or sort them?

You can use solver to decide which meeting you will be choosing and then use conditional formatting to highlight that meeting.

Case 2 (For a Single Manager only – Based on intervals)
Divide My 10 hours of timing in 2 halves (1st & 2nd) of 5 hours each. Lest say In Interval 1 out of my 5 hours I have only 4 hours free for meetings.
Due meetings are Meeting #1 – 2 hrs, Meeting #2 – 3 hrs, Meeting #3 – 0.5 hrs. So I should be doing Meeting#2 and Meeting#3, total 3.5 max hrs to utilize my timing at best.

Again case of using solver.

How do I make it choose Meeting#1 and Meeting#3 Instead Of just meeting#2. Guess I will do It just Manually.

You need to setup some criteria like importance of meeting so as to select that.. you need to do that for every meeting otherwise it will be useless to automate the task.

Back