• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Score Tabulation Formula - Ranking - Leaderboard

MaritaLCogle

Ok, here is my problem. I am trying to create a spreadsheet to tabulate scores. I have got the basic adding formulas up and running. However, I need the sheet to lookthru a column on a specific number of cells, list them highest to lowest, list those in other column, and then display the name of the contestant next to that score... I have run a ton of formulas even pulled one from another sheet, and still cannot get to work for me.. anyone have any suggestions?? I will need this explained to me, because I am not the brightest when it comes to spread sheets.. lol TY!

Please see this post for the macro, ty!

HI.....can you post a sample workbook.......

http://chandoo.org/forums/topic/posting-a-sample-workbook

Hi MaritaLCogle,

Please see this workout:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/60644346/Tabs.xls

Faseeh

Hi

It is showing scores and names on Formal > AQ4:AS6

Rank Name

1 #2 - Justin 108

2 #1 – Marita 101

Regards,

Hi Faseeh ,

The problem can be that the Excel version is prior to Excel 2007 , and does not allow the IFERROR function.

Narayan

Hi MaritaLCogle,

I have edited the file and excluded the IFERROR() function, can you check it please.

Faseeh

Faseeh,

I am wanting to add another age category, with out doing a seperate page, but when I try it give me an error. How can I do this?

OK, if you havent already noticed, I need this for beauty pageants. I will have several contestants in different age groups that I will need the scores added up as I enter them. Then I will need to know, per age group, who ranks in that entire group, and also with in another group called a divisional, such as let's say between the 0 - 3 years olds.

I know this is confusing, not sure if you are following. I got the spreadsheet to add up fine with just one age group, but how do I get it to do ALL the contestants, can have as little as 30 in just one pageant, with multipe age groups..

Hi MaritalLCogle,

I am trying to follow, i will revert with question when understood completely.

Faseeh

Ok I will try to explain further

I have atleast 13 age groups with contestants. The judges score based on 7 criteria, and one tie breaker criteria. Those scores are added together to detirmine the age group titles and 2 superlatives. I got the spreadsheet to add together ONE age group, and it's working wonderfully, however, when I try to add the other age groups to the spreadsheet it gives an error when I use the formula you inputted, and adjust it for the other age groups.

In addition to that, there are titles that are based on the highest score in the age division, which is 0 - 3 years old, 4 - 9 years old, 10 & up, and overall.

I dont want to have a new sheet for each age group, so how else can I do this??

Hi MaritaLCogle,

I am sorry but i have never watched Beauty Pageants so carefully!! :)

Can you show me manually where to add this title?? Actually i am unable to follow things even after your explanation. Please give me an example and show that on the sheet we have worked out, where you will place the data and what will be the output?

Thanks,

Faseeh

OK, I was able to play around with it and get the error to fixed, but now I h ave a new error in the very last set of tabulation ( overall highest score of all contestants). Also, if there a way to simplify the sheet?? Also, is there a formula to choose the next highest score if the same contestant shows up more than once. Such as if a contest wins ultimate supreme, grand, elite, or mini supreme they are not eligible for any other title.

I am pretty proud of what I was able to accomplish just b playing around with the formulas! :D

http://speedy.sh/SG3mg/Untitled-TabsWORKING.ods

Back