• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Scroll Bars on a Gantt Chart

Karl

Hi all,

Looking for a little help.

I have put together a Gantt chart for the project I am running, however it's rather large and doesn't look great.

I've been able to successfully add a scroll bar to move the data horizontally but can't make the vertical scroll bar work in conjunction with it (so that I can go in either direction and get the right data).

Any help would be appreciated.

Typically you have a data source
Controls
and a Reporting section

The controls, control how the data is reported and so gives the illusion of scrolling

If you post a sample file here we can be more specific

Hi Hui,

I've attached a very basic version of what I have built (all sensitive data removed).

I can get the date range to move left to right but the sections E5 to K15 only go top to bottom.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Scroll Bar Example.xlsx
    19.3 KB · Views: 32
Hi Karl ,

The problem was that the formula was not making use of the scroll bar's linked cell value.

The formula in place was :

=OFFSET('Gantt Chart'!E5,Control!$C$2,0)

where the parameter highlighted in GREEN was making use of the vertical scroll bar's linked cell value ; the parameter highlighted in RED was a fixed value 0 ; this should have made use of the horizontal scroll bar's linked cell value.

The changed formula in place is :

=OFFSET('Gantt Chart'!E5,Control!$C$2,Control!$C$5-1)

where the highlighted reference is the value in the linked cell of the horizontal scroll bar.

Narayan

Back