• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Searching, matching and returning data from multiple worksheets

Stuart Johnson

Hi All,

I am using the below formula to match data from a table in one sheet to data i am inputting in another.

I am inputting a company name and it matches the names and returns the reference number for that company from the other worksheet in another column in the table.

My question is how do i do this over 2 worksheets? I f i can do this then what happens when the names are repeated on both sheets?

=IF(ISNA(INDEX(Generic!$B$5:$B$178,MATCH(C6,Generic!$C$5:$C$263,0))),"",INDEX(Generic!$B$5:$B$178,MATCH(C6,Generic!$C$5:$C$263,0)))

Thanks in advance!

Sounds like what you should be using is a VLOOKUP function. Are you aware of this function and didn't use it for a specific reason?

You could do something like IFERROR(VLOOKUP(in the first sheet), IFERROR(VLOOKUP(in the 2nd sheet),"")). First sheet takes precedence over the 2nd if both have the same Customer.

Will be able to understand your problem and guide you better if you can provide a sample file.

Back