• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Searching sheets for common values and reporting specific cell contents

Niall Lissenden

Hi all,

I have attached my document using a third party sharing site as I assume there is some kind of protection put in place for new members using the upload function.

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/view/x66373w3ag67m9d/StockReportExample.xlsx

What I need to do:
I would like Sheet1 to find the data I need from Sheet2 and automatically copy/paste the data for me. I need to search column A in Sheet2 for the value that matches Column A in sheet1 (the first instance being MF_B101), then copy/paste the data from columns H and I in the row that it found in Sheet2 into columns C and D in Sheet1.

Example:
In the first instance I need Sheet1 Cell C2 to equal Sheet2 Cell H3, and Sheet1 Cell D2 to equal Sheet2 Cell I3.

Sheet1 Cell C2 should be looking for the common value of MF_B101 from ColumnA in both sheets and then reporting the data from Columns H and I on Sheet2 into Columns C and D on Sheet1.

The problem:
Sheet2 changes every day (it is copy/pasted from a .csv report) so I can’t simply copy/paste from specific cells as the locations vary from day to day.

Kind Regards,
Niall Lissenden (excel newbie)

Back