• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Secondary Slicer for PivotChart

Hi all,

I have a basic understanding of Pivot Tables, Pivot Charts, Slicers, Timelines etc. (I am using Excel 2013).

My question is, is there a way of having a Slicer filtering what shows in a Chart, WITHOUT it affecting the original pivot table the chart is based on? (No VBA unfortunately).

Essentially I am using Pivot tables to provide detailed analysis of a large data set in two ways - totals and per person. I want the charts to be viewable for per person, using a slicer to allow multiple selections if necessary, however I don't want the overall totals displayed to change when this slicer is used on the charts.

Attached is a sample file (with all relevant data etc. replaced with examples). The relevant tabs are, predictably, titled Pivot Tables and Pivot Charts.

Thanks,
Jon

Attachments

• results tracker.xlsx
    779.3 KB · Views: 4
In the same sort of vein, is there a way of displaying just the values for one answer (i.e. "Yes") on the chart, while still calculating this as a % of Yes vs No?

I have attempted a clumsy workaround with GETPIVOTDATA and dynamic chart ranges (using named ranges), but I'm not massively happy with it. Is it my only option?

Hi ,

Even though you are using Excel 2013 , unless you are using features which are specific to Excel 2013 , if you upload your workbook after saving it so that it is compatible with Excel 2010 , you are likely to get answers faster , since there will be far fewer members with Excel 2013 than there will be who are using Excel 2010.

Narayan

Back