• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Select data from a list to populate a form

cowbag

Hello all - my first question and probably a simpe one compared to some of the very compex queries here. I have a simple list of information in Excel which will be constantly added to. it contains details of projects and tasks and people who need to do the tasks.
I want to creat a series of reports based on this master list.
So e.g. 1: each task owner can see a report listing only his tasks, and can update those tasks on his report
e.g.2 I can see all the tasks relating to a specific project and see the status/owners of those tasks.
When I add new projects to the master list then each of the other reports will be updated with the new project/tasks.

I think its a combination of Match/index I need to use, with perhpas an iserror/if involved? I can't use VBA code it needs to be formulas in the spreadsheets.

All the files will be used on a Sharepoint site, if that has any relevance.

I enclose a sample data file. the database is in rows 1-6. The seperate report (which would be on a different worksheet) would need a selection box in C11 to choose the task owner, then the tasks would populate below according to whether john was the task owner. I dont want blank lines or #N/A etc in there.

I would also create other reports selected by project name etc but assume these would be created on the same basis.

I'd be grateful for any help please. I have searched the forums but cant find the answer sorry.

Many thanks for reading

Attachments

• tasks.docx
    46.4 KB · Views: 1
Hi cowbag, and welcome to the forum! :awesome:

In the future, if you can upload the Excel file directly rather than a picture, that would make things easier on us. We don't have to spend time recreating the file then. To answer your question, we can use a Index/If combination. See the attached.

I also wrote an article describing how this formula works here:
http://chandoo.org/wp/2011/11/18/formula-forensics-003/

Attachments

• ListExtract.xlsx
    12.9 KB · Views: 1
Many thanks for coming back to me so quickly - I susepcted this wouls be a common query and already answered. So apologies for not finding it for myself and also for not uploading the test data. I tried my best but as a newbie i didnt unerstand how to do it. When I clicke upload a file it wouldnt show any of my xlsx files only word so I coudnt think how to upload it, hence the picture. i realise its not good, but just didnt know how to upload sorry. The instructions just say "upload a file" I have missed something obviously.

Anyway many thanks, for your time. I am very grateful.

Back