• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Show gaps in Excel 2016 charts

PolarSpartan

I've just made the switch to Excel 2016 and am having trouble getting a graph to show gaps as it would have in 2010 (and previous versions). The chart shows multiple weeks of data including future weeks which will not be populated until those weeks pass. In previous versions, I would include "=#N/A" as the cell value and a line chart would simply show that as a gap. In the new version, I've chosen the option in the 'Select Data' menu to show zeros as gaps, and I've tried using both #N/A and blank as the values, but the line remains.

Can anyone tell me how to get the gaps to come back? I've attached a simple example.

Attachments

• Chart Gap Example file.xlsx
    17 KB · Views: 7
PolarSpartan,

I believe all you need to do is edit the Chart Type selection for the line series to either Line or Line with Markers rather than the Stacked Line with Markers.

I hope that helps.

Regards,
Ken

Ken,

That's great, thank you. I hadn't intended to be on 'stacked line' so I don't know that I ever would have thought to check there.

Thanks

Back