• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Simpler formula for Net Book Value

rajkenya1

Hi Guys

In the attached spreadsheet in rows 47 to 53 I need a formula which will take the value of an asset say cell f27 and subtract the depreciation from cell f37 and give me the amount in cell f47. The trick is to have it constantly subtracted in the following year and year after as its accumulating. Have highlighted in yellow what the answer should be.

Also note its hard as we look at computer equipment which is replaced every 4 years so the formula in cell f48 to ty48 should be able to capture the fully depreciated asset and then start again when the new one comes in.

I hope this makes sense. Please look at the attachment.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Guys

In the attached spreadsheet in rows 47 to 53 I need a formula which will take the value of an asset say cell f27 and subtract the depreciation from cell f37 and give me the amount in cell f47. The trick is to have it constantly subtracted in the following year and year after as its accumulating. Have highlighted in yellow what the answer should be.

Also note its hard as we look at computer equipment which is replaced every 4 years so the formula in cell f48 to ty48 should be able to capture the fully depreciated asset and then start again when the new one comes in.

I hope this makes sense. Please look at the attachment.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Formula for neet book value.xlsx
    336.3 KB · Views: 3
Hi:
I could not make out what you want, could you please give a sample of the answer you are looking for.

Thanks

Hi Nebu

Thanks for your reply

Ok basically in the cell f47 to t53 I have highlighted in yellow what the answer should be.

Let me try explain again.

OK lets look and land and buildings which cost 2,000,000 and depreciate at the rate of 2.5% annually. So depreciation in year 1 is 50,000 to the net book value is 1,950,000 and then in the next year it is 1,900,000 etc till the life of 40 years.
So I need a formula from cell f47 to t47 which captures this.

Similarly say computer equipment is bought in year 2 for 3,000 and depreciates by 750 each year after it is replaced and the cycle starts again. I just want it to be flexbile enough in case the timing of purchase changes from 4 years to 5 for computers.

I have tried to insert in yellow what the answer should be.

Hope its much clear now dear Nebu

Back