• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

SUMIF LARGE and VLOOKUP

Mange08

Hi,

Ok, so my idea is to show Top3 in H6:H8 with values in I column.
There can be duplicate values in column B so i have to summarize them first and the pick the 3 Largest from there.
It should get the values based on what criteria i choose in I4, so for this example i would like Top3 from sales.
I guess there should be an Lookup or Index/Match there as well so i can get which Artikel got the value listed in I6:I8.

I have fooled around with Sumifs, Large, Index, Match but i can't figure it out.
I think there is a simple solution from any of you Ninjas.

Skärmavbild 2014-10-28 kl. 21.11.14.png

Attachments

• Top3.xlsx
    41.4 KB · Views: 6
Hi,

Ok, so my idea is to show Top3 in H6:H8 with values in I column.
There can be duplicate values in column B so i have to summarize them first and the pick the 3 Largest from there.
It should get the values based on what criteria i choose in I4, so for this example i would like Top3 from sales.
I guess there should be an Lookup or Index/Match there as well so i can get which Artikel got the value listed in I6:I8.

I have fooled around with Sumifs, Large, Index, Match but i can't figure it out.
I think there is a simple solution from any of you Ninjas.

View attachment 12193
Hi,

Check out your workbook.

Thinking about it there may be the possibility of a tie so in the second workbook the formula will resolve ties.

Attachments

• Top3.xlsx
    15.1 KB · Views: 2
  • Top3 (1).xlsx
    15.3 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Hi,

Thanks for your suggestion.

I think i might expressed my query unclear, so i try again.
I would like the LARGE formula to be calculated on the sums of each "Artikel"
E.g in column B 1006366 shows up three times so the result should be 918+6018+2475=9411, resulting in Top1 position.
Also if i type "quantity" in I4 it should calculate and give Top3 for that column instead.

Thanks in advance.
Br
Magnus

Hi Magnus,

See your file, I had included two name range and a helper sheet. Also note if you extend the LARGE formula further down along with wrapping in IFERROR you can also get duplicates.

Regards,

Attachments

• Top3.xlsx
    17.2 KB · Views: 10
Hi Magnus,

See your file, I had included two name range and a helper sheet. Also note if you extend the LARGE formula further down along with wrapping in IFERROR you can also get duplicates.

Regards,

As usual a very good solution.
It worked very good in my master workbook =)

Thank you!

Hi again,

What if i want to add a second criteria in column F,
And only sum if column F matches this criteria and the one in I4

Where do i put the additional IF?

Br
Magnus

Thanks for helping.
So i added a Criteria in column F and criteria is set in J4.
I would like Top3 to be based on two criterias, I4 and J4.

Is it possible to alter the Array formula in Sheet2 C column to accomplish this?
That would leave out duplicates as well.

Br
Magnus

Attachments

• Copy of Top3.xlsx
    15.4 KB · Views: 1
Back