• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

SumProduct - Summing Table with Dynamically Listed Criteria

david@work

Hello,

I'm having trouble using Sumproduct when I have:

1. Multiple Criteria
2. A dynamic list as one of the criteria
3. A table, not just a column, that needs summing

I've scoured threads but can't find my specific use case anywhere. Example worksheet attached that hopefully makes it simple to see what I'm trying to do. Note that from cell C11 to cell C15 there are dropdowns. That is essential to the problem.

Thanks a ton!

David

Attachments

• Chandoo SumProduct with Table Example.xlsx
    9.5 KB · Views: 7
Hi David,

So I'll be able to understand, you can specify the desired values you attached example.

David

Sure thing! Thanks for looking David. I've expanded the workbook to include some examples and more context.

Thanks again,
David

Attachments

• Chandoo SumProduct with Table Example.xlsx
    12.1 KB · Views: 6

Attachments

• Chandoo SumProduct.xlsx
    12.6 KB · Views: 5
Thanks David,

However, I'm unable to download any external add-ons to excel, as I'm on a corporate network. Is there any other way you could think of?

Let me know. Thanks again for looking at this!
David

Hi David,

Other way,
=SUMPRODUCT((B2:M2=C14)*(A3:A7=D14)*B3:M7)+SUMPRODUCT((B2:M2=C14)*(A3:A7=D15)*B3:M7)+SUMPRODUCT((B2:M2=C14)*(A3:A7=D16)*B3:M7)+SUMPRODUCT((B2:M2=C14)*(A3:A7=D17)*B3:M7)+SUMPRODUCT((B2:M2=C14)*(A3:A7=D18)*B3:M7)

If I do not use that function,=ohRemoveInvalidRows,
So,=INDEX($B$3:$M$7,N(IF(1,MATCH(D14:D18,$A$3:$A$7,0))),MATCH(C14,$B$2:$M$2)),
This is the solution I get,{845087;770606;697450;#N/A;#N/A},

You are looking for a dynamic solution, this solution different from static.

I personally use six different plug-ins, the functions built into Excel, you give only a partial solution.

There is no choice, if we want to work well and efficiently.

David

Last edited:
Thanks again for looking at this David,

Is there really no way to do it without extending the length of the syntax? I have gotten it to the point that the formula is recognizing the right rows, but because it is summing an array of data, rather than a single column, it errors out. Hoping for a simpler solution, but understand there are limitations!

Thanks again,
David

Last edited:
Hi David,

I'm sorry, I do not know how to help you beyond what I have proposed, should understand, Excel does not have all the tools for each problem.

David

Hi David,

I am pleased to announce that there is a solution,

=SUM(INDEX(COUNTIF(D14:D18,$A$3:$A$7)*$B$3:$M$7,,MATCH(C14,$B$2:$M$2))) for Scenario 1

=SUM(INDEX(COUNTIF(D22:D26,$A$3:$A$7)*$B$3:$M$7,,MATCH(C22,$B$2:$M$2))) for Scenario 2

=SUM(INDEX(COUNTIF(D30:D34,$A$3:$A$7)*$B$3:$M$7,,MATCH(C30,$B$2:$M$2))) for Scenario 3

David

Back