• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Test Post

Luke M

Excel Ninja
Staff member
Using this thread to test out attachments, other misc. forum stuff.
Ignore this thread for all other uses.

Attachments

• TextSelect.xlsm
    19.7 KB · Views: 30
File for Fede_V. Uses an AdvFilter over multiple sheets, controlled by checkboxes. User select which sheet(s) to run on, and which tags they want to include.

Attachments

• Mutli AdvFilter.xlsm
    32.6 KB · Views: 7
Ciao Luke that was great!
Can I ask you some more help? Drink is paid if you solve this.
In attachment there's a spreadsheet based upon yours (I tried to minimize your tasks…), for the final adjustment I need the list of relevant document to be shown below each branch (sheet1 in red), thus inserting or deleting rows as needed. Is it possible?
One more thing, what if we consider also the branch as a tag? would the macro be slimmer? In case the column intersted is column T.
The very very last thing: actually I need only column E (title) and R (url) to be copied in sheet1, can you?

Attachments

• Multi Adv Filter.xlsx
    28.5 KB · Views: 3
Ciao Luke that was great!
Can I ask you some more help? Drink is paid if you solve this.
In attachment there's a spreadsheet based upon yours (I tried to minimize your tasks…), for the final adjustment I need the list of relevant document to be shown below each branch (sheet1 in red), thus inserting or deleting rows as needed. Is it possible?
One more thing, what if we consider also the branch as a tag? would the macro be slimmer? In case the column intersted is column T.
The very very last thing: actually I need only column E (title) and R (url) to be copied in sheet1, can you?
How's this? Items are now listed below each other. First column shows which sheet they came from. Having the branch as a tag doesn't really help too much, as data is still spread across sheets.

Attachments

• Mutli AdvFilter v2.xlsm
    43.8 KB · Views: 3
How's this? Items are now listed below each other. First column shows which sheet they came from. Having the branch as a tag doesn't really help too much, as data is still spread across sheets.

Almost perfect! When you select more tags the list keeps growing but it should become shorter as you add more filters

You sure? That would make them behave in an AND type condition. I was initially assuming you wanted an OR type condition.

Anyway, to do what you ask, need to make the criteria be in same row, which isn't too hard. Check out Formulas sheet for changes.

Attachments

• Mutli AdvFilter v3.xlsm
    44.2 KB · Views: 10
You sure? That would make them behave in an AND type condition. I was initially assuming you wanted an OR type condition.

Anyway, to do what you ask, need to make the criteria be in same row, which isn't too hard. Check out Formulas sheet for changes.

Have your drink mate!
Last tweak: branches sheets will be names and not numbers (1,2,3,4,5), when I change the sheet name the macro stops working

Cheers mate! :cool:

Did you change the table in Formulas sheet? Would need to change the actual sheet name (on the tab), and the items in the tables in Formulas. Ironically, the label on the checkbox doesn't mean anything, you can have that be whatever.

Back