• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

The dreaded circular

arishy

In the attached WB; the ONLY variable that I can play with is the commission.
I put some kind of formula and please ignore it.
The objective is to calculate the commission NEEDED to achieve the target(E23).

Attachments

• commision.xlsx
    10.8 KB · Views: 0
Hi ,

Can you explain how this worksheet will be used ?

How is the commission calculated as a function of the Package and the Rental ? Or is the commission just the target divided by 52 weeks in a year ?

How is the target for the Package ( B23 ) and the target for the Rental ( C23 ) related to the actual figures in column B ( B2: B21 ) and column C ( C2: C21 ) ?

When we start a new year , and are in week 1 , what will be the desired output ?

When we are at any random period in the year , say week 33 , what will the data be like , and what will be the desired output ?

If you can manually work out some examples like this , it will make it easy to understand the requirement , and suggest an appropriate formula.

Narayan

Hold your horses Narayan....
Let us solve the first hurdle:
Total income per week is Package+Rental+Commission
The total of the 20 weeks has a target.
I need to calculate the variable commission.
Target - total Package-Rental = total commission needed to achieve the target
These are all shown on the sheet
Once I get the total commission needed TO ACHIEVE THE TARGET I divided it by the 20 weeks AND INSERTED in commission column per week
In the sheet I gave you the example calculate 7700 per week and I want to insert THAT figure in the commission column
So I get the target value
do it manually and you will get it

Back