• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

The pivot table doesn't refresh

GN0001

Hello team,
My pivot table doesn't refresh. My coworker's does. What is the problem? I know there are rows in the source data, but it is not shown in my pivot table.
Regards,
GN

Hi:

Can you upload the workbook, there can be a lot reason why a pivot is not refreshing. Here is two reasons which is there at top of my head.

• Check whether you have selected all the rows in the source data.
  • check whether in the pivot table options in the data tab "save source data with file in unchecked.
Thanks

Hi:

Can you upload the workbook, there can be a lot reason why a pivot is not refreshing. Here is two reasons which is there at top of my head.

• Check whether you have selected all the rows in the source data.
  • check whether in the pivot table options in the data tab "save source data with file in unchecked.
Thanks
My problem is resolved. Bless you! GN0001

Hello Nebu,

My problem continued with my workbook. For example, when I refresh the pivot table after I change the source data, the data doesn't get refreshed. Can you think of other causes generating this problem?

Some of the rows become hidden after I refresh the data; and I can't unhide them with right-clicking on one of the cell in pivot table to get a shortcut menu and select unhide. Any tips?

I can't load my workbook as it belongs to my job.

Regards,
GN

Hi:

It is difficult to comprehend what is happening without seeing the workbook.

I can make only a few suggestions (it may or may not work).

• Check if there is any macro triggering on the pivot refresh.
  • Try changing the data source into a table.
  • Right-click on your pivot table, select Pivot Table options, and go to the Data tab.Under "Retain items deleted from the data source" you'll likely see "Automatic" selected. Change this value to "None".
Thanks

Back