• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Thermometer charting woes

Dominic

Hello all
In the attached file, I'm trying to display cells c3=123 and c4=20 as two identifiable parts that make up cell c5=143.
To explain further, i would like c4=20 to be a dark shade of green or even another colour.
Thanks in advance for help/guidance rendered
Dominic

Attachments

• T Test.xlsx
    12.1 KB · Views: 10
Hi dominic,

I have attached a sample file. is this what you are looking for.

Attachments

• Test sample file.xlsx
    12.7 KB · Views: 10
Thanks for your reply ganeshm
Unfortunately no! In the actuals, the green shaded bit, the total value is 143 which is made up of 123+20
So of the total value of 143 which is light green, I would like to differentiate the 123 and 20 in the same column but with either different shades of green.
I hope I'm making myself clear.

Interesting thermometer chart. I'm just learning these. How many stacked column charts do you have?

It looks like you have two, one for the gray area and one for the two shades of green. When I attempt to plot a stacked column chart, I get 3 separate columns instead of one that is stacked.

Can you please explain how you made this chart?

Hi.. Michael

Just coming to your last query..

You can simply add any shape with any chart.. then why not..
* Create your own shape.. Copy It
* Select the chart..
* And simply press Ctrl + V

upload_2014-5-9_11-36-31.png

It will give you better look in case of 100..

and, as it has a stretch effect.. it will also give you mercury desity look.. lil bit oval concave look..

Attachments

• Thermometer Chart.xlsx
    12.9 KB · Views: 34
Hi.. Michael

Just coming to your last query..

You can simply add any shape with any chart.. then why not..
* Create your own shape.. Copy It
* Select the chart..
* And simply press Ctrl + V

View attachment 6435

It will give you better look in case of 100..

and, as it has a stretch effect.. it will also give you mercury desity look.. lil bit oval concave look..

Hi Debraj,

Thank you for the attached chart which shows how to deal effectively with rounded corners at the top of the thermometer reading. I see the shape that you created on your own. However, I still don't understand how you are able to take that custom shape and make it exist as a part of the actual column in the column chart.

I would really like to know how to do this.

Hello

just wondering if I can use these type of of thermometer chart for more than once one Horizontal (category) in Axis lebes?

thanks a lot.

Mahmud

Back