• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Tickler file

Hello,

Here is what I would like to accomplish. I have a list of clients whom I would like to follow up with.

In the workbook that I've included I have Actionable Items attached with a date that I would like to be reminded about. In column D I have a list of actions, such as follow up tomorrow, that would then trigger the Date of action row, column B.

When the 'Date of Action' in row B is the current date I would like the entire row to appear at the top of the workbook. This way I am able to quickly see who I need to follow up with.

I would like the current Date section to be able to have 'actionable' items as well. I would follow up with the client and create a new action, such as 'Follow up in one month'. This way once I follow up with the client the row would move back down and reappear when the current date has approached. The current date section would only have what I need to do today.

I tried to create a formula for the 'dates of action' in column B but couldn't get all the actions to fit in the formula (Follow up tomorrow, Follow up in three days, Follow up in one week, follow up in two weeks, follow up in three weeks, follow up in one month, Do not contact)

I tried to be as clear as I can and would appreciate any help. Thanks

Attachments

• Tickler File.xlsx
    25.3 KB · Views: 6
I ended up creating a VBA solution using Advance Filter and some back checking. Workbook now has a full list of all your items, and a "Today Only" sheet, that you can just focus on. Hope it meets your needs.

How this works
1. The list gets updated when you open workbook, pulling in any items for today
2. Changing the Action in col E will automatically update item on other sheet
3. After update in #2, will then be removed from today's To Do list

Attachments

• Tickler File LM.xlsm
    27.2 KB · Views: 12
Luke, That's awesome and exactly what I'm looking for. Is there anyway that you can make it so the 'today's list' is updated as I make the 'date of action' on the 'All items' worksheet without having to save and reopen it? Also, when I adjust the 'today's list' to 'follow up in two weeks, three weeks, or one month the date breaks and changes it to sometime in 1900.

Sure thing. I added a change event trigger to the main data sheet, so that it'll update the Today List, if needed. I also tweaked the code to better handle the different follow-up actions.

Attachments

• Tickler File LM2.xlsm
    27.6 KB · Views: 2
Luke, I really appreciate your help as this will help immesurabley. When I update the 'Today's list' to Follow up in three weeks it looks like the date of action doesn't change. All the other dates of action work perfectly.

Can I bother you for one more tweak, I realize it's asking a lot? On the 'All Items' worksheet could you make it so when I choose an action 'Follow up in one day, follow up in one week, etc' it updates the the date of action, like it does on the 'Today's list'. The way it is now I have to manually update the date of action.

Thanks again!

Sure thing. Looks like the choice for "three weeks" accidentally had an extra space in it, which is why code wasn't picking it up. I've corrected the data validation, and it appears to be working now.

Updated code so that the date also gets updated on All Items sheet, if you change the DV.

Attachments

• Tickler File LM3.xlsm
    28.9 KB · Views: 8
Would it be a total pain to add a phone number, email, and address column after the action on both worksheets? You've made this workbook so streamline and perfect for what I need it and I'm really grateful.

Not at all. Check this out. :cool:

Attachments

• Tickler File LM4.xlsm
    30.3 KB · Views: 6
Hmm. Is this working better for you? I think I forgot to extend the column range on code that moves the data back.

Attachments

• Tickler File LM5.xlsm
    30.6 KB · Views: 14
Back