• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Time subtract help

Nabeel

Hello all

Plz find attached sample file ..here I want to calculate the difference of two working hour.in actual working hours is 234 and I want to do it like 234:00 (this is hours and minutes)but I am unable to do it after that want to subtract it to working hours..plz put the req and also guide

BR

Attachments

• Sample File.xlsx
    16.7 KB · Views: 0
In E2: Try entering 234 as 234:00 or 234:00:00
Make sure Column F has a Custom Number Format of [h]:mm or [h]:mm:ss applied

Hi Nabeel,

Convert working and actual working hours as text so that there should not be space after hours like 225: 00(there is a space after :), convert it to '225:00(as text so that you don't need to put a space after :) and put formula in F2 cell: =TEXT(DOLLARDE(SUBSTITUTE(E2,":","."),60)/24-DOLLARDE(SUBSTITUTE(D2,":","."),60)/24,"[H]:MM")

It will work.

Thanks,

Krishna

hi there
i tried but its not working.plz see attached..real result is in G column...
BR

Attachments

• Sample File.xlsx
    19.2 KB · Views: 0
Hi as I told in my previous reply, please make your hours as text also by using '(Apstrophy sign) as '225:00 and '234:00 then it will give correct result. Try noow.

You can do it all by formula like(="'"&D2 ) and (="'"&E2)

Thanks

hi
thnx for helping
plz put these changes in sheet and upload it will be easy to me for understanding.
thnx
Regards

Hi Nabeel,

Not sure about the result, please check this in F2:
=IF(TIMEVALUE(D2)>=TIMEVALUE(E2&":00"),TIMEVALUE(D2)-TIMEVALUE(E2&":00"),TIMEVALUE(E2&":00")-TIMEVALUE(D2))

format cell as:
[h]:mm

Copy down...

Regards,

hi khalid sb
plz find attached...req results r in column I & J....in column I these values r in minus and in column J these r positve....i wnt these results with one formula with sign only (-)..in column F..

Attachments

• Sample File.xlsx
    24.1 KB · Views: 0
hi khalid sb
plz find attached...req results r in column I & J....in column I these values r in minus and in column J these r positve....i wnt these results with one formula with sign only (-)..in column F..
See this file,
Please note (-) values are not in real numbers.

Regards,

Attachments

• Time subtract2.xlsx
    24.7 KB · Views: 0
ohh i really sorry mr khalid..its my mistake to share it..
the value is which is in column D less then is 234 it should be in minus and value in column D is greater thn 234 it should be in positve..plz also see the last values which is showing error.it should also shows result.thnx a lot
BR

ohh i really sorry mr khalid..its my mistake to share it..
the value is which is in column D less then is 234 it should be in minus and value in column D is greater thn 234 it should be in positve..plz also see the last values which is showing error.it should also shows result.thnx a lot
BR
Its okay, no problem...

so, change the formula as:
=IF(D2-E2<0,TEXT(E2-D2,"-[H]:MM"),D2-E2)

and i think the last value is showing error is because it's time value = "0:00"

salam Mr khalid Sb
can you solve last error.there is any Technic or solution
BR
W/Salam Nabeel,
I am still not sure, as the results are text values :confused:
Enter this in F2 and copy down:
=IFERROR(IF(D2-E2<0,TEXT(E2-D2,"-[H]:MM"),D2-E2),E2-(MID(D2,FIND(":",D2)-2,2)&":00"))

Regards,

salam & good day khalid sb
you are brilliant & master.its working but only negative sign is not showing..(only with that specific error) other all values are correct.
BR

salam & good day khalid sb
you are brilliant & master.its working but only negative sign is not showing..(only with that specific error) other all values are correct.
BR
Walekum as Salam Nabeel,
Thank you for the words, I am not that kind of.
All i learned here, true masters & brilliants are the ninjas here.

for the Minus sign you can try this:
=IFERROR(IF(D2-E2<0,TEXT(E2-D2,"-[H]:MM"),D2-E2),TEXT(E2-(MID(D2,FIND(":",D2)-2,2)&":00"),"-[H]:MM"))

Regards,

dear Mr khalid sb
u r master for me....
u have solved the problem.bundles of thnx & may more need ur expert help in future as well....can i put conditional formatting to show minus values in red..
BR

dear Mr khalid sb
u r master for me....
u have solved the problem.bundles of thnx & may more need ur expert help in future as well....can i put conditional formatting to show minus values in red..
BR
:)
CF can be used, but not for minus values, as there are no minus values but the text values...!

you can use the following:
Select the F2:F136
Go to Conditional Formatting > New Rule > Use a Formula:

=ISTEXT(F2)
Set the format to your need.

Regards,

Khalid

Back