• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Too Few Arguments Error

Koushik Chandra

Hello,

I am trying to write a VLOOKUP Formula that I am able to simply drag down columns, and across rows after writing it for one cell. It is essentially looking up a piece of data in Sheet "March 2015" given specified parameters, and then subtracting the data looked up from "Feb 2015" given the same criteria.

I currently have the given formula:

=(VLOOKUP($A$5,INDIRECT("March 2015!B"&3+INT((ROWS($1:1)-1)/2))&":$H$15")),4,FALSE)-(VLOOKUP($A$5,INDIRECT("Feb 2015!B"&2+INT((ROWS($1:1)-1)/2))&":$H$12",4,FALSE)))

I am getting a "You've entered too few arguments for this function" ERROR and it's highlighting the "$H$15" portion of it. I can't figure if it's a comma or semicolon that I'm missing .. and where it goes?!

Also, if someone has a simpler way of completing this task that would be great!

Any help is immensely appreciated!

Thank You

Hi ,

Try this :

=VLOOKUP($A$5,INDIRECT("'March 2015'!B"&3+INT((ROWS($1:1)-1)/2)&":$H$15"),4,FALSE)-VLOOKUP($A$5,INDIRECT("'Feb 2015'!B"&2+INT((ROWS($1:1)-1)/2)&":$H$12"),4,FALSE)

As usual there are a few unnecessary parentheses.

When a worksheet tab name contains any space or other special characters , you need to enclose it in single-quotes.

Narayan

Back