• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Transpose and create dates

DaveJenkins

Hi All,

I need some advice / pointing in the right direction.

In the file that I have attached, I have shown the data I receive, unfortunately they wont/cant change the format they have it in. However, I require the data tranposing and then dates for that week filling in based on the week commencing date at the top. I have shown this in the file.

I think what I want is possible, however, I dont know whether it would be done in VBA or some advanced formula.

I thought that I could do something with a pivot table but it appears that the pivot hates the original format!

Any advice, tips or code would be very appreciated.

Regards,

Dave

Attachments

• Sample Data.xlsx
    13.8 KB · Views: 0
Wow! Just wow!

I'm going to spend some time breaking apart those formula's so I can understand how they work for future reference.

A massive THANK YOU!!

--EDIT -- Got it, broke apart the formulas and understand whats happening. It makes sense now. I dont think I could write something like that off the top of my head though! But thats why you're a Ninja ;)

Last edited:
Hi Somendra,

I have tried to incorporate it into the following sheet and for some reason it doesn't work.

I've tinkered a little to rename the 'Names' and moved formulas onto a new sheet so I dont mix the old and new data. I've triple checked the formulas and they all look good.

I've got the requirement to do it 97-2003 so ssis can pick it up. I dont think thats the issue as I tried it in 2010 as well and get the same issues.

The issue appears to be it just returning a number rather than a date.

Regards,

Dave.

Attachments

• KanaForecastImport.xls
    583 KB · Views: 1
Back