• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

unable to break links! Help!

Michael Govea

Hi there chandoo'ers! hope everyone had amazing MDW!

Now that i'm back to the grind, im faced with an insufferable excel issue.
Seemingly easy to fix, ive tried everything, googled everything - need your super powers!

I'm unable to break links in this workbook, on each sheet. Three things:

1) i'm aware of the Edit Links button, however this option does not work. Doesn't even try to work. It just laughs in my face

2) I must break link for all three listed workbooks, WITHOUT loosing my formulas throughout the workbook.

3) steps on how to do this?

Thoughts?

Attachments

• Book3 (3).zip
    490 KB · Views: 9
One of the link is used in CF formula (the pink ones). That needs to be deleted before link can be broken.
upload_2016-5-31_14-55-43.png
Personally, I'd delete all CF and re-apply as you have quite a few duplicates (some also contain #Ref errors). Overuse of CF will also slow down your workbook.

One of the link is used in CF formula (the pink ones). That needs to be deleted before link can be broken.
View attachment 31424
Personally, I'd delete all CF and re-apply as you have quite a few duplicates (some also contain #Ref errors). Overuse of CF will also slow down your workbook.

Hi, Can you copy and past that formula here? It's becoming too cumbersome to type verbatim from that screen shot.

You have the workbook no? You can copy and paste from CF itself. (You can't search for it as it's not in a cell but in conditional format formula).

o_O It's from the workbook you attached in your post...
On 01-15 SKU Spread sheet. Go to Ribbon tools and click on Conditional Formatting->Manage Rules

Change from "Current Selection to "This Worksheet". Scroll down to about 1/3 of way down.

upload_2016-5-31_15-18-45.png

Attachments

• Book3.xlsx
    658.7 KB · Views: 3
Chihiro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU ARE THE MASTER OF THE UNIVERSE!!!!! THANK YOU THNAK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ive spent HOURS on this. WHY DOES EXCEL MAKE THIS SO DIFFICULT?!?!?

Thank you from the bottom of my worker bee heart. you're the best. all fixed!

Back