• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Unable to run Index function in VBA

Ram kumar

Hello Friends,

I am new to VBA. I tried to run index function through VBA. The code runs but no data is seen. Could you please help me in correcting the code.

Please find the attached document

Attachments

• Index function.xlsm
    13.2 KB · Views: 6
Hi,

This should work:
Code:
Sub small_index()
Dim var1 As Integer
Dim var2 As Integer
Application.ScreenUpdating = False

On Error Resume Next
For i = 2 To 7
    For j = 2 To 4
        var1 = Application.WorksheetFunction.Match(Cells(i, 1).Value, Sheet1.Range("A3:A8"), 0)
        var2 = Application.WorksheetFunction.Match(Cells(1, j).Value, Sheet1.Range("B2:F2"), 0)
        Cells(i, j) = Application.WorksheetFunction.Index(Sheet1.Range("B3:F8"), var1, var2)
    Next j
Next i
Application.ScreenUpdating = True

End Sub

Untested though
I recommend avoiding the "On error resume next" as much as you can... that was why it didn't throw an error when you ran the code and, most likely, why you couldn't find the problem...

Hope it helps

Hi,

This should work:
Code:
Sub small_index()
Dim var1 As Integer
Dim var2 As Integer

On Error Resume Next
For i = 2 To 7
    For j = 2 To 4
        var1 = Application.WorksheetFunction.Match(Cells(i, 1).Value, Sheet1.Range("A3:A8"), 0)
        var2 = Application.WorksheetFunction.Match(Cells(1, j).Value, Sheet1.Range("B2:F2"), 0)
        Cells(i, j) = Application.WorksheetFunction.Index(Sheet1.Range("B3:F8"), var1, var2)
    Next j
Next i

End Sub

Untested though
I recommend avoiding the "On error resume next" as much as you can... that was why it didn't throw an error when you ran the code and, most likely, why you couldn't find the problem...

Hope it helps

Hello Costa,

Thank you for the help. It worked partially. I have some cells for which there is no data, I want to put them blank. how do I do that?

Thank you

Hello Costa,

Thank you for the help. It worked partially. I have some cells for which there is no data, I want to put them blank. how do I do that?

Thank you
Perhaps something like this:
Code:
Sub small_index()
Dim var1 As Integer
Dim var2 As Integer

On Error Resume Next
For i = 2 To 7
    For j = 2 To 4
        If Err = 0 Then
        End If
        Err.Clear
    Next j
Next i

End Sub

Back