• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Ungroup Radio Button in Excel [SOLVED]

Hi All,

pls help me out of this problem i am preparing a complete Project's health report which will show entire project's report as per the user. for the same i have made some radio buttons but they are not actually doing work as per requirement.

please find the below link of my file.

http://rapidshare.com/files/1304751250/Dashboard.xlsb

in this file there i have 7 checkboxes - 5 for different purpose & 2 for different

and 7 radio button - 5 for different purpose & 2 for different

radio buttons i want to ungroup 5 should work in other way and 2 should be different.

please help me i am unable to break there links all radio button are linked to b2

Gauravkrgautam

One of the Funny but yet easily explained properties of radio Buttons is there behaviour

Radio Buttons are linked to a cell, B3 in your case, and only one can be active at a time

To group radio Buttons together so that groups behave seperately, you need to add them to a Group Control

Goto the Developer tab

Insert group box (Form Control)

When the Mouse Cursor changes to a small +

Drag it around the 2 or 5 Radio Buttons

Now you can assign a different Cell Link to each Group of Radio Buttons

Any Radio buttons not in a group will behave as a single group

OK... I am also laughing on myself after doing above it was really so simple and even i searched on other forums but it was useless.

thanks alot Hui Boss...LOLz...hahaha i am really... :)

It is so logical when you see it work, but so rarely discussed

and so strange that they call it "Group Control" !

Back