• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Unscattered data to be sent to one spreadsheet

Bhashkar

Hi,

I have been struggling with applying VBA codes for vlookup. Although the data is complex, I would want to automate this process so I do not have to do it every time.

Problem: In the workbook (attached) there are three spreadsheets, 2017, 2015 and one combination of both "wholesome" (2017 and 2015). Each spreadsheet has info related to their IDs, while the wholesome sheet has only few ids from 2017 and 2015. I am trying to pull the details of these few ids from 2017 and 2015. I am failing everytime I am applying the codes as I am fairly new to the VBA world. Would really appreciate if you could help me out on this.

Many thanks in advance!!!

Attachments

• Item sheet.xlsx
    35.4 KB · Views: 3
Hi,

Thanks for the link... have dropped an introductory line... :) I guess that is a norm here... new to it, don't know much... :)

I am still struggling with the problem... main problem is rearranging the data and pulling them in one sheet... please refer to the attached workbook... can not really find a solution. :(

Hi, Bhashkar!

A few comments:
a) you talk about VBA and the file is .xlsx, only worksheets, no macros
b) worksheets 2015 & 2017 have the same columns but a bit mixed, it's recommendable a shared design
c) the ID is for Items or Users?
d) despite of c), it's not clear what info do you want to get at worksheet Wholesome, since there're no numeric data that you can add, or what text info you want to keep (last of 2017, first of 2015)

Please elaborate and describe what output do you want to get from the input and write down a few examples.

Regards!

Hi,

Thanks for getting back.

I have not applied to macro this file. it is simply copy pasted. The IDs are just a way to keep things in order.
You would notice in the "wholesome" sheet the headings are in the order same as "2017", while the order of headings in 2015 is different. I had been doing this exercise using vlookups.

In the wholesome sheet the ids are mix of 2015 and 2017... i am attaching an output file, so you would have a better understanding of what kind of desired results i am expecting.

Attachments

• Item sheet.xlsx
    39.8 KB · Views: 4
Back