• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Update data table but pivots will not automatically update

Hi there

I have added new data to table that I used to build my Dashboard. I have try to update my pivot tables used in the dashboard by pressing refresh pivot but get Message “A pivot table report cannot overlap another pivot table report.”

Even when I put the pivot in a new sheet I get the same message.

When can get the pivots to update the new data the entire pivot field setting are changed and removed and so are filter so basically I have to create the pivots again.

So there no automatic refresh on the dashboard I didn’t think it would be this complicated.

Does anybody have ides how to get this to run smooth?

Thanks

Leicester City Fox

As general rule, I only put 1 pivot table per sheet. This helps avoid most complication that comes from overlap and other common layout issues (especially when manipulating pivots with code).

Only exception that I have, is when pivottable has fixed number of columns, no groupings are used and when pivottable is filtered for top 10 values (i.e. when I know pviottable layout will not change).

Back