• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Using offset function-How to do

Amol lad

In Data sheet cell K2 I want to update sales Amt of the Product by its category.
How Can i able to do it by the offset formula?
I knw we can do this by index match.

But can we able to use the offset formula in it??

Assuming the data at the leftmost side is an Pivot table data.

Please tell me???? How we can do this by using offset function????

Attachments

• Test (1).xlsx
    9.7 KB · Views: 15
Here is an offset formula, except you are better off using the index match. Offset is very static; nothing can change without tending to the formula.

K3 = OFFSET($A$2,MATCH($J3,$A$3:$A$26),2,,)

L3 = OFFSET($A$2,MATCH($J3,$A$3:$A$26)+1,2,,)

M3 = OFFSET($A$2,MATCH($J3,$A$3:$A$26)+2,2,,)

Kind Regards,

Dear Khalid NGO

Thank You your trick is very awesome.

=SUMPRODUCT((LOOKUP(ROW($A$3:$A$26),ROW($A$3:$A$26)/($A$3:$A$26<>""),$A$3:$A$26)=$J3)*($B$3:$B$26=K$2)*$C$3:$C$26)

but will you tell me can we use vlookup???

Last edited:
Hi @deciog
No problem dear.

Hi,

Every function have different syntax and are made for different requirements. Each formula works differently. It is not necessary to get answer with all available functions.

You already have various solutions.

Regards,

yes you are right...

Thank You.

Dear Khalid NGO

Thank You your trick is very awesome.

=SUMPRODUCT((LOOKUP(ROW($A$3:$A$26),ROW($A$3:$A$26)/($A$3:$A$26<>""),$A$3:$A$26)=$J3)*($B$3:$B$26=K$2)*$C$3:$C$26)

but will you tell me can we use vlookup???

1] Khalid NGO's formula :

2] If LOOKUP change to VLOOKUP function, it will be an array formula and become :

=SUM((VLOOKUP(N(IF({1},ROW($A$3:$A$26))),IF({1,0},ROW($A$3:$A$26)/($A$3:$A$26<>""),$A$3:$A$26),2,1)=$J3)*($B$3:$B$26=K$2)*$C$3:$C$26)

p.s. : {array formula needs to be entered with a key combination of Ctrl+Shift+Enter}

Regards
Bosco

Back