• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Using only define name, concatenate or vlookup

chitti babu

Using only define name, concatenate or vlookup

The cause code and the resolution code is the system generated data.

The A column is the check list where in the bolded ones are the cause codes in column C and the non bolded ones are the resolution codes in column D.

I need to check if any of the resolution code falls under that particular cause code give me true or false under the column E.

Appreciate your quick help Excel ninjas .....

Hi:

I am not sure whether this is what you are looking for, I have created a UDF called isbold to identify and create a helper column and have used array formulas to flag it as true or false.

Thanks

Attachments

• Cause codes.xlsm
    20.2 KB · Views: 4
Hi:

I am not sure whether this is what you are looking for, I have created a UDF called isbold to identify and create a helper column and have used array formulas to flag it as true or false.

Thanks
Thanks a lot for your efforts. This is too complicated formula for me to understand. I need to teach the same to my teammates,so it will become a difficult task for me. Is there a way to do it in simple formulas as i have metioned please with defined name, conctenate and vlookup

Last edited:
Well, your requirement is complicated, first and foremost let me know if the formula is giving you the desired output, if yes, I can try to break it down for you.

Thanks

Back