• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

value based color changing chart

almostime21

Hi,

So a little background to explain what I am trying to do.

I work in IT and I want to create a graph chart to compare a few items. We export from our ticketing system all our data into excel. I want to create a chart that will show on the y axis number of tickets and on the x axis two stacked bars for each department with a ticket. The First bar will be total days the ticket has been open and the second will be the days since the ticket was last modified. I also want each stacked bar to change color based on the value of the days open. For example 0-10 days its green, 11-20 yellow, 21-30 red etc. (I want this to show on the same bar too, for example department A has 6 tickets in 3 are 0-10 days old so its green, 2 are 11-20 so those are yellow, and 1 is 21-30 days old so it is red. I want this to dynamically change too so when each report is pulled and placed in excel with new values the chard will reflect those changes.)

I was trying to use a pivot chart as the data is in constant change but I cant get the graph to change color based on days open.

Any ideas would really help thanks!

Last edited:
Hi,

First things first... welcome to the forum :)

Now, please upload a sample file if possible... it is far easier to give a targeted answer that way.

Thanks PCosta87,

I have attached sample data I made showing 4 departments with 2 tickets each and days since opened and days since modification. I also attached a sample graph that I have been making by hand but I want the data in the sheet to be turned into a graph automatically if possible. Pivot tables may not be the best way to do this I am not sure as the days will change which will make the colors change and the amount of tickets will change as well too. To explain this graph too for bar 1 (on the far left) it says 13 tickets are in that are between 1-14 days old and 2 tickets that are between 15-29.

Thankssample data.PNG sample graph.PNG

Last edited:
vletm,

Sorry about that I have uploaded the sample file I made that is screenshotted above.

thanks

Attachments

• Book1.xlsx
    8.3 KB · Views: 5
Is it almost like this?
You can change colors as You would like to use...

Attachments

• Book1 (4).xlsx
    12.6 KB · Views: 10
Back