• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

VBA coding to handle "do you want to open or save" popup bar at the bottom of Internet Explorer

B3N

Hi,

I'm automating (or trying to automate) a task that basically automates logging into a website with the required credentials, click the required buttons and download a file. After clicking the final download button a pop up is showing at the bottom of the window "Do you want to open or save... from...".
Can anyone please help me with the VBA code to access the 'save as' on the pop up with a particular filename to a predefined location ?
I'm trying to do this without 'Sendkeys' which can be unreliable at times.

Thanks
Ben

Attachments

• grEZD.jpg
    grEZD.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 13
Hi,

I'm automating (or trying to automate) a task that basically automates logging into a website with the required credentials, click the required buttons and download a file. After clicking the final download button a pop up is showing at the bottom of the window "Do you want to open or save... from...".
Can anyone please help me with the VBA code to access the 'save as' on the pop up with a particular filename to a predefined location ?

Thanks
Ben
Hi,

Wasn't this answered already in another forum (please follow link):
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/...t-to-open-save-dialogue-window-buttons-in-vba

Hope it helps

Hi !​
It depends on which Sendkeys you use
and if your code is synchronized as well …

I often used it (from Windows) without any issue.

Without it, you may use UIAutomationClient reference
like first answer in previous link
(I used this reference to pilot IE as well Firefox),
documentation to see on MSDN website …

Hi,

Wasn't this answered already in another forum (please follow link):
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/...t-to-open-save-dialogue-window-buttons-in-vba

Hope it helps

Thank you for your response PCosta. I had referred the forum you mentioned earlier but the response there only helps in saveing the file to the default download location. I want a Save as option or some option that lets the user save the file to a predefined location. Tinkering around with UIAutomationClient didn't help much.

As both ways work and like we can't reach your page,
just search samples codes on web …

Back