• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Velocity Chart

Hi All:

Have you developed a Velocity Chart before? In my attached spreadsheet I have several variables to consider for this problem:

(1) Individuals
(2) Number of closed issues
(3) Number of added issues
(3) Issue Creation Date
(4) Issues Closed Date (Modified Date)
(5) Issue effort level (L, M, H)
I am trying to find out (1) the overall rate of closure from the create date to the closure date (status = close, modified date) (2) Overall closure rate by individual (3) the overall closure rate for each effort level and (4) the closure rate for each individual within their effort level (H,M,L). In essence, velocity rate in closing issues. What's your thoughts?

thanks

frank

Attachments

• Issue_Tracking_Sample-3RV1.xlsx
    40.3 KB · Views: 9
View attachment 35110 Please see attachment. Hope it works for you.
Faseeh: Thanks. Just reviewing it, it looks as if you calculated the averages for all cases. In essence, the average number of day is the velocity rate. One last question, I see you populated column "L" in the data sheet with a count of how many issues an individual worked on, where else did you use this column? Thanks

frank

Hello Frank,

I used Col L to filter out unique names from the list, you delete it if you want. BTW was that sheet helpful or was just another sheet? Is the averaging method correct or you were looking for something else? :)

Hello Frank,

I used Col L to filter out unique names from the list, you delete it if you want. BTW was that sheet helpful or was just another sheet? Is the averaging method correct or you were looking for something else? :)

Faseeh:

Thanks for the response. I appreciate it. I am still trying to grasp the methods you used. The results looked good and I was wondering how to best represent it in a Pivot Chart. Any Ideas? We have set a standard where we say that a low issues takes 3 days, a medium issue takes 5 days and a High issue takes 10 days. This exercise is to check how well we are doing relatively to those standards and how we can improve the throughput. Any ideas will help. Thanks.

frank :)

Hello,

Glad it is helpful. Please see the chart for analysis of effort level against standard and avg value. We can create a dashboard (sought of). You need to select the effor level from R20

2016-10-04 13_51_23-Greenshot.jpg

Attachments

• Issue_Tracking_Sample-3RV1 (1).xlsx
    47.5 KB · Views: 6
Thank you. We can create two more charts: person vise closure and level vise closures. Any thing else you can suggest.

Faseeh:

This looks good. I need to review it to see if I can understand the concepts behind it . I want to create 2 other simple (1) a chart with 3 trend lines that would should Open, Closed and Added items over time (I would continuously add data to it) and (2) how can I tell if the individuals are getting better over time. Thoughts?

frank

Sorry for replying late, today was a busy day at office. Plz see attachment, avg values of individuals over time. I have been unable to understand your first idea, can you explain it?

Attachments

• Sample_Data entery_saloon.xlsx
    36.1 KB · Views: 3
Sorry for replying late, today was a busy day at office. Plz see attachment, avg values of individuals over time. I have been unable to understand your first idea, can you explain it?

Thanks Faseeh. I don't think the attachment is for what we have been discussing. This is associated to "Roadside Assistance Service Comprehensive & Third Party Cover Only"

Basically, the first chart I was mentioning is, what I call, a continuous measurement chart, with three lines - (1) for open items at a point in time, (2) one for closed items at a point in time and (3) a third trend line total new (added) at a point in time. Something that looks like Sheet4 in the Sample attachment.

Attachments

• Issue_Tracking_Sample-3RV2.xlsx
    60.3 KB · Views: 8
Back