• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Verification of Interest paid by Bank to my account

BK LAAL

Hi All

I am trying to verify the interest paid to me by bank in my account

Based on given start date and end date, I wanted to check what could be the interest payable to my account.

Can any one suggest formula for the No of days column in the attached xls.

Note : My objective is that I would be able to check the interest being paid to me in next 6 months assuming that no further transaction will be done in my account, so i have kept the start and end date

Attachments

• chandoo_bankInterestVerification.xlsx
    12.1 KB · Views: 8
@BK LAAL

The Column J already contains values for interest so what do you want to calculate, secondly can't understand six month concept. thanks.

Hi Faseeh

No of days column (column I) has been manually entered. I want formula for that column, so that no of days will be calculated.

secondly. Normally bank pays interest every 6 months, Let say every 1-Jan and 1-july.

The interest for the period 1-Jan to 30-June it will be credited to my account on 1-July.
So now let say on 25-June i want to calculate the expected interest that will be credited to my account on 1-july.
I should be able to do so by giving the required start and end dates.

Hope i am clear enough

No, It will not work based on the no of days i ll be able to calculate the interest.

to put in simple words. U have your bank account transaction list. You need to write a tool to verify if the interest credited to your account.

the attached xls is nothing but my bank transaction list, I have just added 2 column, No of Days and Interest.

The interest is caluculated on the daily closing balance. So I need to know no of days the same balance was available

Lets assume that you had $100 in your bank account. If you are getting 9% per year, you should get 0.09*100/12=$0.75 added in your account for each month. Now the situation is that (Lets assume) 04 months have passed and your account is showing $101. You want to verify is that should be the status? Instead you should have 100+0.75*4 = 103 dollars in your account as an ideal case. Is this description correct?

Yes Faseeh

adding to it . In your example you have not taken care of transacton in between

Ideally we need to calculate the no of days the balance remains same

Hi BK,

Please try this formula

=SUMPRODUCT(((E13-B5:B8)*(F5:F8+(-E5:E8))*F2)/36500)

or see the file below

Attachments

• chandoo_bankInterestVerification.xlsx
    13.4 KB · Views: 7
Back