• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Vlookup not working on one computer

Hi,
I have a vlookup formula that works on my laptop and home computer but if I try it on my work computer I get N/A, I have two sheets, one is called LOOKUP and the other is called RDS. The LOOKUP table contains budget information for various parts of a business. I want to be able to run the Vlookup and have it put the figures from the cells in the LOOKUP sheet into cells in the RDS sheet.
I have called the table in the LOOKUP sheet "venuelookup"

Here is the formula:=vlookup(A1,venuelookup,3,false)

I immediately get N/A on my work computer but it works fine on my laptop and home computer. Does anyone know of any obvious boxes that need to be ticked or unticked or any other reason for this? I am running Excel 2013 on Windows 10.
Thanks,
Noel

Last edited:
Hi,

I would say the "venuelookup" range does not have A1 in the first column.
Make sure the value you are looking up is found in the left most column of the "venuelookup" range/table.

Otherwise you will have to use INDEX/MATCH

Hi Guys,
Thank you for the very quick response. I have attached the spreadsheet here, as you can see the Vlookup works fine on my laptop and home computer but will not work on my work computer(it must be something on the work computer Excel set up). @Khalid NGO you are correct I left the brackets out of the formula in my question but they are in the actual formula in the attached spreadsheet.
Thanks again,
Noel

Attachments

• Sample.xlsx
    13.6 KB · Views: 5
Try to use this revised formula in replacement :

In B3 copy down :

=VLOOKUP(A$1,venuelookup,MATCH(A3,lookup!$A$3:$G$3,0),FALSE)

Regards

Attachments

• Sample (7).xlsx
    12.7 KB · Views: 2
Try to use this revised formula in replacement :

In B3 copy down :

=VLOOKUP(A$1,venuelookup,MATCH(A3,lookup!$A$3:$G$3,0),FALSE)

Regards
Thanks for that I will try it in the morning when I am back in work, can you think of any reason why my formula works on my laptop and home computer but will not work on my work computer?
Thanks
Noel

Back