• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

waterfall chart help

HanSam

Hi everyone,

I would like to get some help from you on creating a waterfall or bridge chart based on the following criteria

X Axis consists of 9 values of which
A touches 0 -
B touches 0 -
C bridges from B
D bridges from C
E touches 0
F bridges from E
G bridges from F
H bridges from G
I touches 0

Here are sample values
A -59.4M
B 40.3M
C -13.3M
D 57.2M
E -30.2M
F -1.1M
G -0.9M
H -5.0M
I -37.2M

Here is an example of what I want to achieve
bridges-png.35953

Thanks all!

Attachments

• Bridges.PNG
    Bridges.PNG
    12.4 KB · Views: 33
Hi:

May be something like this? You can modify the charts as per your need, the attached is a basic sample.

Thanks

Attachments

• Book1.xlsx
    12.5 KB · Views: 14
Hi:

May be something like this? You can modify the charts as per your need, the attached is a basic sample.

Thanks
Hi Nebu,

The chart's interface should really be the same as the attached. I however manually created that using shapes and are manually adjusting the sizes and colors based on generated data. The data changes based on materials that are being analyzed, that sample are total values.

Hi:

I am not sure about the figure you have uploaded here and I highly doubt you will get something which you are looking for through a waterfall chart, for instance your C value is a negative figure and it showing above the line of axis and value of D is showing as both negative and positive, a chart cannot be accommodated like this. Water fall chart is simply to show the rise and fall from the base. I am also not sure how you came up with % figures in your attached picture.

Thanks

Hi:

I am not sure about the figure you have uploaded here and I highly doubt you will get something which you are looking for through a waterfall chart, for instance your C value is a negative figure and it showing above the line of axis and value of D is showing as both negative and positive, a chart cannot be accommodated like this. Water fall chart is simply to show the rise and fall from the base. I am also not sure how you came up with % figures in your attached picture.

Thanks

OK, let me rewrite that picture for you so it will be easier to understand :) These are what those letters really stand for.

Bridges.PNG

Where
Gross Feedstock (Benchmark) - market research for benchmarking prices
Estimated Gross - estimated expenses without savings
Carryover - savings from last year carried over to the current year
New Eff Savings - confirmed savings
Estimated CY Net - Estimated expenses with savings applied
Confirmed Eff Savings - Negotiated price deviation
Identified Eff Savings - Negotiated price deviation
Gap to Target - as is
Target - expected spend

Does that make sense? Don't put much attention on the %.

Hi:
Find the attached.

I have colored the cell where I had to get manual adjustments to get the chart in the format you needed. Again there is no consistent formula so I am not sure how far it is going to be helpful for you.

Thanks

Attachments

• Book1.xlsx
    12.9 KB · Views: 26
Back