• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

What's open today?

oldchippy

Hi Ninja’s,

Attached is a small example of properties with their opening dates/days throughout the year. What I’m after, is when I want to see what is open today, it will give me a list of properties that are open to visit, please can you help?

Thank you

Attachments

• WhatsOpenToday.xlsx
    9.7 KB · Views: 6
Hi ,

It will require some amount of data massaging , since the format it is in at present , it will be difficult to have either standardized formulae or code.

Narayan

Does the "Opening Dates" column when that particular store will be 'open', then the Days and Hours?
if so, thats going to be a killer

Hi jason,

What I'm after is just a list of properties that are open on a certain date and also any other information i.e. time 11am - 5.30pm

Hi ,

It will require some amount of data massaging , since the format it is in at present , it will be difficult to have either standardized formulae or code.

Narayan

Hi Narayan,

That is just an example, you can change the format to suit what ever you find easier - thanks

Hi jason,

What I'm after is just a list of properties that are open on a certain date and also any other information i.e. time 11am - 5.30pm

i understand the request, just wanted to make sure i'm understanding the data... the format, as Narayank said, will not work in the current format...the main issue that i see right now is that all cells are 'text' values... i believe we'd need them to be numerical values inorder to preform calculations (thats my first though at least).

The format on my sheet is just to show the different opening days and times these properties are open throughout the year. Inputting that data can be however you think is best to get the right result.

Hi ,

See if this works. I am not sure that I have made it fool-proof.

To run the macro , first select the date i.e. place the cursor on the date in Sheet1 , and then run the macro.

Narayan

Attachments

• WhatsOpenToday.xlsm
    27.3 KB · Views: 1
Back