• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Will I need PowerPivot for this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ida

Hi everyone,

I am trying to build a dashboard based on the dummy file attached. As I understand, this is most likely done with PowerPivot, but I am not familiar enough with excel to use PowerPivot to that extent. Anyhow, I would basically like to build a tool, which takes a number and add an additional number based on different criteria. The two numbers are on two different sheets, which really troubles me.

In the dummy-file on 'Sheet 1', I would like separate slicers – or another option with buttons – with “Category” and “Type”, which shows the “Price (number)” for the clicked off item. I would like a third slicer but the data is on 'Sheet 2' where I would like a slicer for “Grown in” and a tap (or two taps – e.g. ‘Florida’ and ‘Local farm’) is clicked on, the “Additional cost (number)” must be added to “Price”.
The difficulty for me is to how to get 3 slicers in one sheet when the raw data is on teo different sheets along with how to add the two numbers based on the clicks.

Lastly, I would very much like a relation from the above to “Best before” so when a button is clicked the “Best before” is displayed somewhere on the dashboard.

I hope this makes sense!

Best,
Ida

Attachments

• Dummy.xlsx
    11.3 KB · Views: 6
You can just use formulas. I've attached a sample file. Its very basic - I haven't done dependent dropdown lists but you can research them & make them if you like.

Attachments

• Dummy.xlsx
    15.7 KB · Views: 9
You can just use formulas. I've attached a sample file. Its very basic - I haven't done dependent dropdown lists but you can research them & make them if you like.

I really like this, but I cannot choose 2 items in one dropdown and that is going to be a problem.
Also, is it possible to hide the options in "Type" that do not fit the "Category" chosen - like a slicer is able to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back